Struggling Felipe Massa given Ferrari green light
London: Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali has moved to counter speculation that Brazilian racing star Felipe Massa is set for the sack.
The Brazilian heads to Abu Dhabi this weekend after another disappointing season punctuated by regular run-ins with Lewis Hamilton.
Most Formula One experts feel Massa has never recovered top form since his life-threatening accident in Hungary in 2009 and in the harsh world of F1, drivers who cannot perform to their ultimate level are often shown the door.
But, according to a leading daily, Domenicali reiterated Massa has a Ferrari contract for next year.
And offering words of encouragement, he said: "I am counting heavily on Felipe`s will to fight back as he knows next year will be a key one in which — and I`m convinced of it — he will be able to show his true worth. “
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh