Stunning show by Miguel Oliveira at Indianapolis Moto3
Indianapolis, US: Mahindra rider Miguel Oliveira produced a stunning show to finish seventh after starting from the 18th position on the grid in the Moto3 race.
Oliveira was just 1.3 seconds behind the winner Sunday and for the third time in the season he made top-10 finish after starting from back of the grid. In Italy, he rode from 19th to fourth and from 13th to third in the Netherlands.
The Moto3 race was the first of the day at the Indianapolis GP, run over 23 laps of the 4.17km infield circuit at the iconic Indy ‘Brickyard’ oval; and a typical thriller for the closest and most competitive class of the MotoGP series.
Portuguese teenager Oliveira steadily picked his way up from his mid-field start to join the group, and gain places within it. Oliveira’s combination of determination and skill combined with the technical prowess of the Mahindra MGP3O meant he finished far more strongly than he had qualified.
Second Mahindra rider Arthur Sissis, 19-year-old Australian, had a less satisfying weekend. He qualified 23rd and his own attempt to move forward was foiled by a collision with another rider, dropping him further and spoiling his pace. He finished 21st.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere