Sutil 7th fastest in afternoon practice session
Shanghai: Adrian Sutil clocked the ninth best time of the morning session on Friday before returning to finish seventh fastest in the afternoon as Force India made all the right noise ahead of Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix here.
Friday’s practice session got underway under unseasonal chilly conditions at Shanghai International Circuit and Sutil’s 1:38.008s placed him ninth in the morning timesheet.
The afternoon saw a marginal improvement in grip levels and Sutil bettered his time to record the seventh best lap of 1:36.254.
Force India’s test driver Paul di Resta, celebrating his 24th birthday today, was back in action in the morning session posting the 15th fastest time before paving way for race driver Vitantonio Liuzzi who closed the day with the 16th best lap after difficult runs on the softer tyre compound.
Hispania driver Karun Chandhok, meanwhile, completed 20 laps in the morning sessions and his best of 1:43.949 put him at the 23rd place.
In the afternoon, the Chennai driver put up a slightly improved show completing 32 laps and his best of 1:41.008 had him at 21st.
“It was a good practice. We could learn things about the circuit and we got the base line. Unfortunately, we noticed a lot of graining on the front tyres. The second practice was useful for us as I could cover 52 laps today and some long runs,” Karun later said.
For Force India, it was yet another smooth day in office with Sutil oozing confidence of doing well on Sunday.
“It was quite a good day, with no real problems. The track conditions were not very good out there to start with. It was very green and hard on the tyres, particularly the harder set we used in the morning. The grip improved over the day but even at the end it was still very low,” Sutil said.
“The balance of the car was good though and I think we looked pretty strong on both types of compound so, with this in mind, I’m expecting a similar qualifying and race performance to Malaysia,” added the German.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in