Sutil 8th for Brazilian GP, record 15th pole for Vettel
Sao Paulo: Adrian Sutil will start on Sunday`s season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix in the eighth position on the grid for Sahara Force India while Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull secured a record 15th pole position.
Paul di Resta, the other Force India driver, could not go beyond Q2 and will start in 11th position.
Vettel`s record breaking flying lap of 1:11.918 minutes came in the dying minutes of the Q3 session.
Vettel bettered British racing driver Nigel Mansell`s record of 14 poles in a single season.
Vettel had equalled the record in 2011 season.
Sutil almost secured seventh position after clocking 1:13.298 but was pipped by Ferrari`s Felipe Massa (1:13.068).
Sutil` teammate Resta (1:13.584) missed out on Q3.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber was second followed by McLaren`s Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg was seventh, sandwiched between the the two Ferrari cars -- Fernando Alonso and Massa, who was ninth.
Michael Schumacher, who did not timed lap in Q3, was the last man in top-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out