close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Sutil focussed on Spanish GP despite nightclub bust-up

Barcelona: Force India driver Adrian Sutil is determined to get his Formula One career back on track following bad name he earned due to the nightclub brawl involving Renault owner Eric Lux last month.

Sutil was reported to have been involved in a bust-up with Lux, the chief executive of Genii Capital who own the Renault GP F1 team, after the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai on April 17.

Ahead of this weekend`s Spanish Grand Prix, the 28-year-old Sutil tried to put up a brave face insisting the ugly incident will not affect his performance at the Circuit de Catalunya.

"To be honest, it is one part of my life - but I am concentrating on the racing at the moment and that is what counts," Sutil told reporters here.

"I am here in Barcelona to focus on my race this weekend, focus for the next one in Monaco. That is all that counts and that is all I can answer at the moment.”

"There are always difficult situations but I have to live with it," said the German driver.

Lux has threatened to file a complaint against Sutil for physically assaulting him at the M1nt private club in Shanghai. Lux was apparently injured by a broken champagne glass and a wound to the neck required 24 stitches.

The background of the fight is not known yet but Sutil had maintained that Lux`s injuries occurred by accident and he did not deliberately wound him.

Force India team had yesterday in a statement said that they remain fully committed to field Sutil at the Spanish circuit.

"Although the team continues to monitor the situation, it remains fully committed to its driver line-up at this weekend`s Spanish Grand Prix," the statement said.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions