Sutil sets 2nd fastest time on 3rd day of testing
Silverstone: Sahara Force India`s Adrian Sutil set the second fastest time on the concluding day of the young drivers test here and described the new Pirelli tyres as `easier to handle`.
Sutil and James Calado completed a combined total of 105 laps on the third and final day of the test.
Sutil` best lap came in 1:33.242 while Calado was 14th fastest out of 16 drivers with a timing of 1:36.451.
Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel was fastest man on the day as he clocked the quickest time of the week in the afternoon session - 1m 32.894s.
Following tyre controversy at British Grand Prix, marked by tyre blow outs, Pirelli introduced a new tyre for the test and it will be used for this weekend`s Hungarian Grand Prix.
Pirelli featured a 2012 construction with the 2013 compound.
"It was only tyre testing today, but it was interesting to see how the new tyres react. They are a bit easier to handle so the drop-off won’t be as dramatic as we saw in a few races. Silverstone is a good circuit for testing because it is tough on the tyres and we have been able to get all the information we needed this week," Sutil said.
"It was quite windy so very different from the conditions at the race a few weeks ago, but it was not a big problem. I am happy with today’s work and I think it has been beneficial for the engineers. We learnt a lot and hopefully we can translate it into a top ten performance in Hungary," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'