Berlin: Former Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil will stand trial this month on charges of causing bodily harm in relation to a nightclub fracas in China last April, a Munich court said on Friday.
The German, who has yet to find a race seat this year but has been linked to Williams, is charged with attacking and injuring Eric Lux, chief executive of Renault F1 team owners Genii Capital in a Shanghai nightclub after the Chinese Grand Prix last year.
The Renault team has since been renamed Lotus. Force India have already announced Germany`s Nico Hulkenberg as Sutil`s replacement.
Sutil had at the time issued a statement of apology, without giving any details, for injuring the Luxembourg-based chief executive.
Munich court spokeswoman Ingrid Kaps said two trial days had been set for Jan 30 and 31.
Sutil`s manager Manfred Zimmermann told reporters the driver was looking forward to seeing the truth of the incident come out in court.
British media have speculated that McLaren`s 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton, who won the Chinese race and was in the nightclub with his friend and former F3 team mate that night, could be called as a witness.