Team Lotus agree wind tunnel deal with Williams
London: Team Lotus have agreed a deal with Williams to use one of the former champions` two wind tunnels from September, the Malaysian-owned Formula One team said.
Team Lotus plan to use the Williams facility at Grove in England in conjunction with the Aerolab base in Italy which they are already using until the tunnel at their own Hingham factory becomes operational.
"From a practical perspective there are the obvious benefits of increasing our wind tunnel activity and using a state of the art facility in the UK," Team Lotus principal Tony Fernandes said.
"The other side of the agreement is that I owe a great deal of thanks to Frank Williams, Patrick Head and (chairman) Adam Parr as they were the first people I ever worked with in Formula One."
Fernandes` AirAsia airline was a Williams sponsor before he entered the sport with his own team last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch