Team Lotus agree wind tunnel deal with Williams
London: Team Lotus have agreed a deal with Williams to use one of the former champions` two wind tunnels from September, the Malaysian-owned Formula One team said.
Team Lotus plan to use the Williams facility at Grove in England in conjunction with the Aerolab base in Italy which they are already using until the tunnel at their own Hingham factory becomes operational.
"From a practical perspective there are the obvious benefits of increasing our wind tunnel activity and using a state of the art facility in the UK," Team Lotus principal Tony Fernandes said.
"The other side of the agreement is that I owe a great deal of thanks to Frank Williams, Patrick Head and (chairman) Adam Parr as they were the first people I ever worked with in Formula One."
Fernandes` AirAsia airline was a Williams sponsor before he entered the sport with his own team last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video