Team Lotus agree wind tunnel deal with Williams
London: Team Lotus have agreed a deal with Williams to use one of the former champions` two wind tunnels from September, the Malaysian-owned Formula One team said.
Team Lotus plan to use the Williams facility at Grove in England in conjunction with the Aerolab base in Italy which they are already using until the tunnel at their own Hingham factory becomes operational.
"From a practical perspective there are the obvious benefits of increasing our wind tunnel activity and using a state of the art facility in the UK," Team Lotus principal Tony Fernandes said.
"The other side of the agreement is that I owe a great deal of thanks to Frank Williams, Patrick Head and (chairman) Adam Parr as they were the first people I ever worked with in Formula One."
Fernandes` AirAsia airline was a Williams sponsor before he entered the sport with his own team last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army