Team Lotus agree wind tunnel deal with Williams
London: Team Lotus have agreed a deal with Williams to use one of the former champions` two wind tunnels from September, the Malaysian-owned Formula One team said.
Team Lotus plan to use the Williams facility at Grove in England in conjunction with the Aerolab base in Italy which they are already using until the tunnel at their own Hingham factory becomes operational.
"From a practical perspective there are the obvious benefits of increasing our wind tunnel activity and using a state of the art facility in the UK," Team Lotus principal Tony Fernandes said.
"The other side of the agreement is that I owe a great deal of thanks to Frank Williams, Patrick Head and (chairman) Adam Parr as they were the first people I ever worked with in Formula One."
Fernandes` AirAsia airline was a Williams sponsor before he entered the sport with his own team last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news