Timo Glock to test BMW for DTM series
New Delhi: Formula 1 driver Timo Glock of Germany could be set for a move into German touring car championships DTM with BMW after the manufacturer confirmed that he will test their car in Valencia this week.
However, the company says that this is only an opportunity for the German to familiarise himself with the car.
The news comes just 24 hours after Glock split with Marussia F1 team a year earlier than his contract expired.
BMW motorsport director Jens Marquardt previously worked with Glock at the Toyota F1 squad.
"We are pleased to be able to offer Timo Glock the opportunity to get to know our BMW M3 DTM in Valencia," Marquardt said.
"It is made all the nicer by the fact that he is, to a certain degree, returning to his roots in testing for BMW Motorsport."
Glock`s career has been focused on single-seaters so far and began in the Formula BMW one-make series in Germany.
BMW will field eight M3s in the DTM this year. Seven of its race drivers for 2013 were announced last December while Maxime Martin was confirmed as its test and reserve driver a week ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi