Timo Glock to test BMW for DTM series
New Delhi: Formula 1 driver Timo Glock of Germany could be set for a move into German touring car championships DTM with BMW after the manufacturer confirmed that he will test their car in Valencia this week.
However, the company says that this is only an opportunity for the German to familiarise himself with the car.
The news comes just 24 hours after Glock split with Marussia F1 team a year earlier than his contract expired.
BMW motorsport director Jens Marquardt previously worked with Glock at the Toyota F1 squad.
"We are pleased to be able to offer Timo Glock the opportunity to get to know our BMW M3 DTM in Valencia," Marquardt said.
"It is made all the nicer by the fact that he is, to a certain degree, returning to his roots in testing for BMW Motorsport."
Glock`s career has been focused on single-seaters so far and began in the Formula BMW one-make series in Germany.
BMW will field eight M3s in the DTM this year. Seven of its race drivers for 2013 were announced last December while Maxime Martin was confirmed as its test and reserve driver a week ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow