Top-10 finish for Sutil and Resta in Abu Dhabi GP
Abu Dhabi: Adrian Sutil finished a creditable eighth, just ahead of teammate Paul di Resta at the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, as Sahara Force India recorded its third double top-10 finish of the season to consolidate its sixth position on the constructors` championship, on Sunday.
Force India earned six points to take its tally to 57 and increase the gap with nearest rival Sauber by 15 points, with just one race left in the calendar.
Disaster struck world champion Sebastian Vettel as he was forced to retire in lap two due to engine failure, soon after suffering a tyre puncture in the opening lap between turn one and two at the sparkling Yas Marina Circuit.
Vettel`s shock retirement, first since 2010 Korean GP, helped McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton win his third race of the season after starting second from the grid.
The Briton is the only racer other than Vettel to triumph at Abu Dhabi GP as the German had won the inaugural edition in 2009 and then last year.
Hamilton was followed by Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso and teammate Jenson Button.
Vettel`s retirement helped Sutil and Di Resta move up a place from the original grid positions right from the start.
Sutil put a lot of pressure on Michael Schumacher of Mercedes and Di Resta was locked in an intense battle for ninth place with Toro Rosso`s Sebastian Buemi, who eventually retired later.
The Scot managed to move to eight place but was easily overtaken by Schumacher in lap 20 on straight.
Di Resta opted a one pit-stop strategy and took it in lap 28. He rejoined the race in the 12th only to re-gain his P9.
Sutil took his second pit-stop in lap 36 and surrendered his seventh position to Schumacher when he joined back.
The two Force India drivers kept their positions till the end to finish in the top-10 bracket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi