Top ten finish for Aditya in Qualifying
Le Castellet: India`s Aditya Patel dished out an impressive performance to qualify in the top ten for the first JK Racing Asia Series European Outing.
Participating as a guest driver, Patel will set off from row five in tenth position followed by ninth in Round 6 at the Paul Ricard circuit.
"I can`t say I am extremely happy but I know I did make a mistake in the last corner which cost me quite a bit, could have put me in the top seven but I guess I can make up for it in the race," said Patel.
Commenting on the competition in the Series, he said, "They are extremely fast but I still have a lot of time to find the pace to catch them, I will go through the data with the engineers and see. We have two races tomorrow and we can make up some places.
"More than the temperatures, it is also the grip factor with the GT cars running and they do leave a lot of rubber on the racing line, so in the beginning of the session it was a little bit slippery but towards the end of the session the times get faster and faster."
Meritus.GP driver Afiq Yazid and current Championship leader, Aston Hare claimed one pole position apiece in a session where the top six drivers were separated by fractions of a second on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt