Two new teams likely to join F1 next year: Ecclestone
London: Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has reportedly revealed that two new teams are likely to be on the starting grid next season.
Speculations are that Gene Haas, one half of Nascar`s successful Stewart-Haas Racing team, and Serbia and Germany-based Stefan Gp are keen on joining Formula One.
According to the BBC, Ecclestone said that he feels Haas asked to be admitted into Formula One adding that they would be accepted.
Ecclestone also said that they have accepted another team as well, although the team would make it or not into Formula One is another story.
However, Ecclestone said that they are happy to have another couple of teams adding that he spoke to FIA president Jean Todt and they agreed to let new teams join Formula One.
Motor sport`s world governing body the FIA, which had announced in December last year that it was looking for expressions of interest from potential new entrants in Formula One, was due to make decision by February end but has yet to say anything officially, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection
- Derogatory remarks against Prophet: ISIS takes credit for hacking Hindu tailor to death in Bangladesh
- India can save $50 billion if logistics costs are brought down to 9% of GDP: Study
- Worsening depression, a predictor of dementia