Using Pirelli tyres is like driving on raw eggs: Schumacher
London: Formula One ace Michael Schumacher has criticized the quality of Pirelli tyres, claiming their rubber is like driving on raw eggs.
Schumacher had also slammed the tyre manufacturers after last months’ Bahrain Grand Prix.
“The main thing I feel unhappy about is everyone has to drive well below a driver`s, and in particular, the car`s limits to maintain the tyres,” a daily quoted Schumacher, as saying.
“I just question whether they should play such a big importance, or whether they should last a bit longer, and that you can drive at normal racing car speed and not cruise around like we have a safety car,” he added.
Pirelli`s director of motor sport, Paul Hembery, claimed other drivers were ‘getting on with the job and getting their tyres to work’.
The seven times world champion has refused to let the issue rest, and ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix, Schumacher said: “They`re playing a much too big effect because they are so peaky and so special that they don`t put our cars or ourselves to the limit.”
“We drive like on raw eggs and I don`t want to stress the tyres at all. Otherwise, you just overdo it and you go nowhere,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'