Uttarakhand car rally begins with 35 Teams
Dehradun: Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday flagged off a four-day Uttarakhand Adventure Car Rally, which will witness a total of 35 teams from various parts of the country participating in the event.
The rally route covers some of the favourite tourist spots in Uttarakhand including Shivpuri, which is famous for white water rafting, the ski resort of Auli and Garjiya on the periphery of the Jim Corbett Park.
It will cover a distance of 850 kms before concluding on December 24, the organisers said.
The event is being held to send across the message that Uttarakhand is gradually getting back as a premier tourist destination after the flash floods claimed several lives earlier this year.
Supported by Maruti Suzuki and JK Tyres, the rally is being organised by Himalayan Motorsport, the premier Shimla-based motorsport club, which organises the world famous rally, Raid De Himalaya.
The rally follows the TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) format, the sober format of motorsport that allows competitors to go slow in populous areas and stick to specified speed limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India