Uttarakhand car rally begins with 35 Teams
Dehradun: Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday flagged off a four-day Uttarakhand Adventure Car Rally, which will witness a total of 35 teams from various parts of the country participating in the event.
The rally route covers some of the favourite tourist spots in Uttarakhand including Shivpuri, which is famous for white water rafting, the ski resort of Auli and Garjiya on the periphery of the Jim Corbett Park.
It will cover a distance of 850 kms before concluding on December 24, the organisers said.
The event is being held to send across the message that Uttarakhand is gradually getting back as a premier tourist destination after the flash floods claimed several lives earlier this year.
Supported by Maruti Suzuki and JK Tyres, the rally is being organised by Himalayan Motorsport, the premier Shimla-based motorsport club, which organises the world famous rally, Raid De Himalaya.
The rally follows the TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) format, the sober format of motorsport that allows competitors to go slow in populous areas and stick to specified speed limits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda