Vettel admits his mistake after denying Webber Malaysian GP win
Johannesburg: Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel has admitted he made a blunder in denying his teammate Mark Webber a win in the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Vettel pulled no punches on Sunday in a grovelling apology for unfairly overtaking Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber to win the Malaysian Grand Prix, bluntly admitting he f***ed up.
The frank statement, during a tense press conference featuring both drivers, did little to appease the emotional Webber, who led into the closing stages and had been told by his team that he could cruise to victory with Vettel second.
Instead, Vettel ignored team orders and plunged past his teammate with a risky overtaking manoeuvre, snatching his 27th Grand Prix and denying Webber his 10th.
Vettel said he couldn`t say much more than he did a mistake, adding he is not proud of what he did and if he had the chance to do it again he would do it differently.
However Vettel, Formula One`s youngest ever three-time world champion at 25, stopped short of pledging that he would make amends by handing a victory to Webber if given the chance.
For Webber, who has played second fiddle to Vettel as the 25-year-old German won the last three world championships, his team-mate`s behaviour was galling after orders were issued over the team radio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof