Vettel admits his mistake after denying Webber Malaysian GP win
Johannesburg: Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel has admitted he made a blunder in denying his teammate Mark Webber a win in the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Vettel pulled no punches on Sunday in a grovelling apology for unfairly overtaking Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber to win the Malaysian Grand Prix, bluntly admitting he f***ed up.
The frank statement, during a tense press conference featuring both drivers, did little to appease the emotional Webber, who led into the closing stages and had been told by his team that he could cruise to victory with Vettel second.
Instead, Vettel ignored team orders and plunged past his teammate with a risky overtaking manoeuvre, snatching his 27th Grand Prix and denying Webber his 10th.
Vettel said he couldn`t say much more than he did a mistake, adding he is not proud of what he did and if he had the chance to do it again he would do it differently.
However Vettel, Formula One`s youngest ever three-time world champion at 25, stopped short of pledging that he would make amends by handing a victory to Webber if given the chance.
For Webber, who has played second fiddle to Vettel as the 25-year-old German won the last three world championships, his team-mate`s behaviour was galling after orders were issued over the team radio.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists