Vettel apologizes to Webber, Red Bull team for Malaysian GP fiasco
Wellington: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has revealed, Sebastian Vettel has personally apologized to fellow driver Mark Webber and the team staff for ignoring team orders, during Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix win.
The team said the 25-year-old German, who visited the Milton Keynes factory on Tuesday to address employees, had also spoken to aggrieved team mate Mark Webber, who had victory snatched away in the closing laps, after the race at Sepang and the pair had shaken hands.
Horner revealed Vettel said he can`t turn back the clock but, he has accepted what he did was wrong, adding that the three-times world champion has apologised to the team and to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important and being part of the team is a crucial aspect to being able to challenge for those championships.
Vettel had also apologised to Webber in a news conference after Sunday`s race, saying he had made a mistake.
The German had qualified on pole position in Malaysia, but found himself behind his team mate after the pit-stops with the team instructing the pair to hold station to save fuel and prevent excessive tyre wear.
Horner recognised that the fans wanted to see drivers racing each other, but said his primary responsibilities were to the 600 people employed by the team and whose bonuses are dictated by the position in the constructors` championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city