Vettel apologizes to Webber, Red Bull team for Malaysian GP fiasco
Wellington: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has revealed, Sebastian Vettel has personally apologized to fellow driver Mark Webber and the team staff for ignoring team orders, during Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix win.
The team said the 25-year-old German, who visited the Milton Keynes factory on Tuesday to address employees, had also spoken to aggrieved team mate Mark Webber, who had victory snatched away in the closing laps, after the race at Sepang and the pair had shaken hands.
Horner revealed Vettel said he can`t turn back the clock but, he has accepted what he did was wrong, adding that the three-times world champion has apologised to the team and to every single member of staff for his actions, because he recognises the team is vitally important and being part of the team is a crucial aspect to being able to challenge for those championships.
Vettel had also apologised to Webber in a news conference after Sunday`s race, saying he had made a mistake.
The German had qualified on pole position in Malaysia, but found himself behind his team mate after the pit-stops with the team instructing the pair to hold station to save fuel and prevent excessive tyre wear.
Horner recognised that the fans wanted to see drivers racing each other, but said his primary responsibilities were to the 600 people employed by the team and whose bonuses are dictated by the position in the constructors` championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter