Vettel continues to be fastest driver at BIC
Greater Noida: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel once again proved to be the fastest as he topped the timesheet in the final practice session ahead of the qualification for Formula One Indian Grand Prix, on Saturday.
Vettel, who was fastest in FP1 and FP 2 yesterday, clocked 1:25.842 to emerge fastest and was followed by McLaren`s Jenson Button, who was 0.192 second behind at the Buddh International Circuit.
In every session, the defending champion has gone on to improve his previous best lap time. He had managed 1:26.221 in FP2 yesterday and 1:27.619 in FP1.
His team-mate Mark Webber (1:26.108) was third while Lewis Hamilton put the second McLaren in the fourth position with timing of 1:26.108.
Surprisingly, Finnish Kimi Raikkonen and Bruno Senna pushed Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso to seventh by finishing ahead of him.
Sahara Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg continued to improve and was eighth after clocking his fastest lap in 1:26.531 and was followed by Mercedes` Michael Schumacher and Romain Grosjean of Lotus.
Paul di Resta continued to struggle in the second Force India, managing 1:27.193 for 14th position.
The lone Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan (1:30.873) finished 23rd ahead of his HRT teammate Pedro de la Rosa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study