Vettel criticizes tyremaker Pirelli ahead of Monaco
London: Red Bull racer Sebastian Vettel has expressed concern over Formula One’s tyre troubles and criticises tyre maker Pirelli for providing racers with unsafe tyres, which he warned might lead to accidents during the Monaco Grand Prix.
The German racer fears Monaco can become a ticking safety time-bomb if tyre problems are not adhered to, The Mirror reports.
According to the report, Pirelli had assured that they will use harder rubber from Canada to limit pit stops following four pit stops at the Spanish Grand Prix three weeks ago but the FIA told them they could only do so on safety grounds.
Vettel said that racers have suffered tyre degradations in recent races which had not been caused by debris, as Pirelli have claimed but because the tyres were not good enough, adding that the authorities should be careful to change tyres and look after safety concerns as the racer’s safety is more important than a hefty payment or an improvement in the race.
Vettel also pointed out that he is not alone in complaining about the tyres as Lotus drivers too are unhappy with the tyre problems despite having cars best suited for such tyres and conditions.
Stating that Pirelli will have to do a better job, Vettel claimed that it is the drivers who know how the tyres change the race and criticised the tyremaker in an attempt to drive the firm to take some action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!