Vettel ‘delighted’ after Red Bull takes double pole in qualifying at Indian GP
London: Sebastian Vettel said he is very happy after taking the pole position in the Indian Grand Prix along side teammate Mark Webber.
McLaren drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were third and fourth ahead of the Ferraris of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
Sauber``s Sergio Perez was eighth, ahead of the Williams of Pastor Maldonado and Nico Rosberg``s Mercedes.
Michael Schumacher came 14th in his fourth last F1 qualifying session, and he was behind Lotus``s Romain Grosjean, Force India``s Nico Hulkenberg and Williams driver Bruno Senna and was 0.6 seconds slower than team-mate Rosberg.
Vettel said he was expecting a tough race at the Buddh International Circuit on Sunday despite taking the pole.
“I made a mistake on my first run so we only had one set of tyres left but I was pretty happy with the [final] lap,” the BBC quoted Vettel, as saying.
“It has been a great weekend so far, no problems with the car. We need to keep pushing; we have a lot of important races to go but the best chance of doing well is to focus on every single step,” he added.
“You know that a lot of things can happen in the race. I am very happy to be on pole but there is a hard race coming tomorrow. We had a bit of a surprise on Friday on the long runs, everyone was quite close, so we``ll see what that means with strategy tomorrow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis