Vettel ‘delighted’ after Red Bull takes double pole in qualifying at Indian GP
London: Sebastian Vettel said he is very happy after taking the pole position in the Indian Grand Prix along side teammate Mark Webber.
McLaren drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button were third and fourth ahead of the Ferraris of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
Sauber``s Sergio Perez was eighth, ahead of the Williams of Pastor Maldonado and Nico Rosberg``s Mercedes.
Michael Schumacher came 14th in his fourth last F1 qualifying session, and he was behind Lotus``s Romain Grosjean, Force India``s Nico Hulkenberg and Williams driver Bruno Senna and was 0.6 seconds slower than team-mate Rosberg.
Vettel said he was expecting a tough race at the Buddh International Circuit on Sunday despite taking the pole.
“I made a mistake on my first run so we only had one set of tyres left but I was pretty happy with the [final] lap,” the BBC quoted Vettel, as saying.
“It has been a great weekend so far, no problems with the car. We need to keep pushing; we have a lot of important races to go but the best chance of doing well is to focus on every single step,” he added.
“You know that a lot of things can happen in the race. I am very happy to be on pole but there is a hard race coming tomorrow. We had a bit of a surprise on Friday on the long runs, everyone was quite close, so we``ll see what that means with strategy tomorrow,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended