Vettel`s F1 helmet fetches $118,000 in charity auction
Washington: Four-time Formula One world champion, Sebastian Vettel`s race helmet reportedly fetched a whopping 118,000 dollars at a charity auction in London.
A race helmet, worn by Vettel, featured a glittering gold design and has set a new world record price at Bonhams auctioneers.
According to CNN, the successful bidder paid the eye-popping price for the helmet which Vettel worn on his way to victory in this year`s German Grand Prix.
The price paid for Vettel`s helmet booted the previous world record of 116,189 dollars paid for a helmet which belonged to Brazil`s late three-time champion Ayrton Senna.
The report said that the funds raised by Vettel`s helmet will go directly to the Wings for Life charity set up by Red Bull Racing owner Dietrich Mateschit .
Vettel said that the helmet was one of his favorite designs from this season which was one of the most special races for him as it was his first ever home win.
He further wrote on the Red Bull`s official website that just as the race meant a lot to him, Wings for Life does too and it was his pleasure to donate the signed and worn helmet, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?