Vettel to stay on with Red Bull till 2015 end under `contract extension`
London: Current Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has reportedly agreed to stay on with his team Red Bull until the end of 2015 under a new contract extension.
Vettel has been with Red Bull since 2009, claiming 29 victories, 39 pole positions, and winning three successive world titles.
The latest extension has extended one more year to Vettel`s three-year deal up to and including 2014, which he had signed in March 2011.
Although last week Vettel had said that he might quit the sport in five years` time, he had made it clear that he was not talking with any specific timetable in mind, adding that he will stop driving when he longer has the urge to do so.
Earlier this year, the German was linked with a move to Ferrari but the Italian team`s Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo said in February that Vettel would not be joining them as long as Alonso was there.
So far this season, Vettel has won three races - in Malaysia, Bahrain and last weekend in Canada - and leads the F1 Drivers` Championship by 36 points from nearest rival Fernando Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi