Vettel to stay on with Red Bull till 2015 end under `contract extension`
London: Current Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has reportedly agreed to stay on with his team Red Bull until the end of 2015 under a new contract extension.
Vettel has been with Red Bull since 2009, claiming 29 victories, 39 pole positions, and winning three successive world titles.
The latest extension has extended one more year to Vettel`s three-year deal up to and including 2014, which he had signed in March 2011.
Although last week Vettel had said that he might quit the sport in five years` time, he had made it clear that he was not talking with any specific timetable in mind, adding that he will stop driving when he longer has the urge to do so.
Earlier this year, the German was linked with a move to Ferrari but the Italian team`s Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo said in February that Vettel would not be joining them as long as Alonso was there.
So far this season, Vettel has won three races - in Malaysia, Bahrain and last weekend in Canada - and leads the F1 Drivers` Championship by 36 points from nearest rival Fernando Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug