Vettel to stay on with Red Bull till 2015 end under `contract extension`
London: Current Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel has reportedly agreed to stay on with his team Red Bull until the end of 2015 under a new contract extension.
Vettel has been with Red Bull since 2009, claiming 29 victories, 39 pole positions, and winning three successive world titles.
The latest extension has extended one more year to Vettel`s three-year deal up to and including 2014, which he had signed in March 2011.
Although last week Vettel had said that he might quit the sport in five years` time, he had made it clear that he was not talking with any specific timetable in mind, adding that he will stop driving when he longer has the urge to do so.
Earlier this year, the German was linked with a move to Ferrari but the Italian team`s Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo said in February that Vettel would not be joining them as long as Alonso was there.
So far this season, Vettel has won three races - in Malaysia, Bahrain and last weekend in Canada - and leads the F1 Drivers` Championship by 36 points from nearest rival Fernando Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know