close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Vettel, Webber declare Red Bull truce

Hockenheim: Sebastian Vettel insisted on Thursday that Red Bull have now washed their hands of the front wing controversy that engulfed the team at the British Grand Prix.

The 23-year-old German was adamant that the team were now fully focussed on performing well at Hockenheim this weekend.

Vettel hinted that the media had blown the situation out of proportion and insisted that the Silverstone events had not tarnished the spirit of the team or his relationship with team-mate Mark Webber.

He said: “There was a lot of talk and a lot of press, but the most important thing you need to understand is it doesn’t matter who wins the race - we are a team.

“At Silverstone, Red Bull Racing won the race, Mark did, but for some reason we didn’t get a lot of positive feedback. But we know where the focus is, and surely at this race, as everywhere else, the team is as motivated as ever.

“The most important thing is the atmosphere - and it doesn’t get affected by what is said or what is written.”

Webber, 33, also considers the matter closed and suggested it was normal for the media to try and create friction.

He said: “It wasn’t a huge drama - there was a little bit of stuff going on, Seb did nothing wrong to me at the last event, unfortunately we didn’t get a one-two which we were more than capable of doing, but the team is ready to go forward.

“We are both committed and it is only natural that the media wants to wind up rivalry between team-mates, but Seb and I go about our jobs. We work for the same team and there is nothing wrong with that.

“The team is learning here and there all the way. It is healthy learning because we are fighting for wins and taking on the best teams in the pit lane, which is absolutely credit to us.”

Webber won the British Grand Prix but was furious that the team had switched a new front wing from his car to Vettel’s, leading to claims that the young German was being favoured.

Vettel also put to bed any rumours that he would be unable to compete this weekend after picking up a leg injury earlier in the week.

“I fell down when I was running,” he said. “It was nothing special, but I had a bit of extension on the muscle of the leg. It is nothing big. I can walk.”

Bureau Report

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions