Vettel wins the Italian GP to extend his lead
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Monza: Three-time reigning champion, Sebastian Vettel,
won the Italian GP on Sunday.
The Red Bull driver won the Italian GP for the third time in his career. It is his 32nd win. He dominated the race from the start till the very end.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso finished second at the podium ahead of another Red Bull driver Mark Webber.
It’s Vettel’s sixth victory of the season. With this win, Vettel (222) has now extended his lead over Alonso (169) to 53 points in the drivers championship while Hamilton is distant third (141).
Felipe Massa of Ferrari finished fourth. Kimi Raikkonen, for the second time in a row failed to finish among the top ten drivers.
Bad day for both the drivers of the sole Indian F1 team – Sahara Force India – as they failed to finish the race among the top ten drivers to earn some points.
Paul di Resta retired in the first lap of the race, whereas another Force India driver Adrian Sutil finished 16th. It’s the fourth time in this season that Sahara Force India failed to earn any point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion