Vettel’s ‘Swiss museum of sporting memorabilia’ motivating source behind successful F1 career!
London: F1 ace Sebastian Vettel has revealed the secret behind his astonishing return to form, which could land him his third straight world title.
The Red Bull ace has been drawing motivation from his very own ‘museum’ set up in his Switzerland home, where the 25-year-old keeps mementoes from his career, ranging from crash helmets to empty bottles of Champagne from the podium.
He puts his favourite items on display and says they have helped rekindle his hunger for racing by reminding him of why he first started competing.
“When I wake up, being a world champion is not my first thought because it is my job, so it is nice to be reminded. I have a room with all my trophies in. I also put some things up on the walls and on the shelves,” The Sun quoted Vettel, as saying.
“Then, when I walk past them, all the happy memories come flooding back. You remember back and think “f*****g hell, this is Formula One. This is the thing that you were always dreaming of’,” he added.
Vettel has been the most successful driver over the last five races before today’s Korean Grand Prix, allowing him to close the gap on championship leader, Fernando Alonso.
The German, who won in Singapore and Japan, has taken 80 points compared to Alonso’s haul of just 40, and is now the bookies’ favourite to make it a straight hat-trick of titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi