Vijay Mallya expects another spectacular Indian GP
New Delhi: Sahara Force India team principal Vijay Mallya is expecting another spectacular Indian Grand Prix over the weekend, saying a double points finish at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) will be a fitting result for the team`s home race.
Mallya, who has been away from public glare following the suspension of his Kingfisher airlines, will attend the Oct 26-28 event at BIC.
"I remember how proud I felt last year to see our cars racing in India in the colours of the Indian flag. It was a moment I had dreamed about and a great sporting achievement for our country," Mallya said in a statement Tuesday.
"To score points was the icing on the cake. This year I would like to go one better and see both our cars in the points - at the very least - so that we can give our fans something to smile about. The gap to Sauber is now 27 points. It`s a big lead, but not impossible to catch them before the end of the year," he said.
Force India are seventh in the constructors` championship with 89 points from 16 rounds.
Mallya is hoping for a better show by the organisers, Jaypee Group, than in the inaugural edition.
"Last year`s race was a tremendous success. I`m sure we can expect an equally spectacular event this year. Buddh International Circuit always looks after us very well and I know that they have been working hard behind the scenes to fine-tune the circuit and facilities even more.
"But above all else, the most important thing is the layout of the track because last year all the drivers loved it. It`s certainly one of the best tracks in the world," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'