Vishnu Prasad, Ghorpade shine in National Karting Rd 3
Kolhapur: Chennai youngster and former junior
champion Vishnu Prasad of Team Maco rode on a fine start to
maintain his numero uno status in senior category of the third
leg of JK Tyre National Rotax Max Karting Championship here
Vishnu, who put up some creditable show in the first two
rounds in Coimbatore, today secured a comfortable lead and
then did not fail to win the 20-lap race with a timing of
Seasoned campaigner from Mumbai and Team Mohite Racings`
Ameya Walavalkar (23:19:786) finished second in the category,
followed by Samyak Shah (23:20:724).
Local racer Parth Ghorpade (18:43:312) took the lead by
winning in junior category, while Nikhil P Kashyap (18:43:312)
and Raj Bharath (18:53:403) finished second and third
Another local contender Dhruv Mohite finished first in
the Micro Max category, while Krishna Raj Mahadik came second.
Surya Raghuraman took the third position in the section.
The Kolhapur karting track, better known as circuit 09,
is one of the finest tracks in the country and also houses a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai