Vishnu Prasad starts favourite in National Karting Rd 3
Kolhapur: Chennai youngster and former junior
champion Vishnu Prasad of Team Meco will strive to maintain
numero uno status in senior class when third leg of JK Tyre
National Rotax Max Karting Championship starts here on August
By virtue of a couple of splendid performance in first
two rounds held in Coimbatore, Prasad is leading the tally in
senior class (16 years & above) with 175 points in his kitty.
Seasoned campaigner from Mumbai and Team Mohite Racing`s
Ameya Walavalkar comes second in the category with 168 points,
followed by his teammate Chittesh Mandody (162).
The Kolhapur karting track, better known as circuit 09,
is one of the finest tracks in the country and also houses a
The competition also consists of Micro Max (8-12 years)
and Junior (13-16 years) classes.
Young Bangalore racer, Team Amaron`s Nikhil P Kashyap
(164) leads in junior class, followed by local racer Parth
Ghorpade (161) and Raj Bharath (158) of Bangalore.
Meanwhile, 11-year-old Chennai`s Tarun Reddy of Team Meco
has 178 points to lead the tally in Micro Max class. Chennai`s
Surya Raghuram of Team Meco and local Dhruv Mohite of Team
Mohite are joint second with 166 points each. Krishnaraj
Mahadik (159) comes third.
The qualifying and heat races will be held on August 8
with the main event commencing next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB