Vishnu Prasad starts favourite in National Karting Rd 3
Kolhapur: Chennai youngster and former junior
champion Vishnu Prasad of Team Meco will strive to maintain
numero uno status in senior class when third leg of JK Tyre
National Rotax Max Karting Championship starts here on August
By virtue of a couple of splendid performance in first
two rounds held in Coimbatore, Prasad is leading the tally in
senior class (16 years & above) with 175 points in his kitty.
Seasoned campaigner from Mumbai and Team Mohite Racing`s
Ameya Walavalkar comes second in the category with 168 points,
followed by his teammate Chittesh Mandody (162).
The Kolhapur karting track, better known as circuit 09,
is one of the finest tracks in the country and also houses a
The competition also consists of Micro Max (8-12 years)
and Junior (13-16 years) classes.
Young Bangalore racer, Team Amaron`s Nikhil P Kashyap
(164) leads in junior class, followed by local racer Parth
Ghorpade (161) and Raj Bharath (158) of Bangalore.
Meanwhile, 11-year-old Chennai`s Tarun Reddy of Team Meco
has 178 points to lead the tally in Micro Max class. Chennai`s
Surya Raghuram of Team Meco and local Dhruv Mohite of Team
Mohite are joint second with 166 points each. Krishnaraj
Mahadik (159) comes third.
The qualifying and heat races will be held on August 8
with the main event commencing next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon