Vodafone-McLaren to split after 2013
Melbourne: Formula 1 team McLaren have confirmed that they will split with chief sponsors Vodafone at the end of the 2013 season.
Vodafone have partnered the Woking-based team since 2007, after splitting with former partners Ferrari at the end of the 2006 season.
McLaren Thursday announced that they will announce their new title sponsors after the last race of the season. Media speculation suggests that TelMex could be a possible replacement.
"Having met and exceeded all the highly ambitious targets that Vodafone had set for its title partnership with McLaren, the company has now decided to focus on business priorities away from Formula 1 sponsorship," said a McLaren statement.
"While the current title partnership is in place with Vodafone, McLaren will not disclose its new title partnership but will make an exciting announcement Dec 2, following the last Grand Prix of the season."
Meanwhile, Vodafone Group chief commercial officer Morten Lundal said: "Vodafone and McLaren set ourselves highly ambitious goals in 2007. Over the past six years, we`ve set new standards in sports marketing together and in doing so have achieved all of those objectives. We look forward to continuing to work together throughout the 2013 season."
The first race of the season, the Australian Grand Prix, is set to take place this Sunday here at Albert Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'