We are knocking on the door of 1st podium: Force India
Montreal: Encouraged by consistent results, Sahara Force India is hoping to break the podium jinx at Sunday`s Canadian Grand Prix, which will be the 100th race for the side.
The Indian side is placed fifth in the constructors championship with 44 points, seven ahead of formidable McLaren.
Paul di Resta has been impressive right from the start of the season and Adrian Sutil has also shown his pace with a fifth-place result in Monaco.
"I think we are now knocking on the door of our first podium finish since 2009, and it`s time to do that all-important step. Montreal would be a great place to do so ? it is a track that favours overtaking and our car has shown the race pace to finish among the leaders, so everything is possible," Team Principal Vijay Mallya said.
"The Canadian Grand Prix also marks the 100th Grand Prix for Sahara Force India. When we started back in 2008 we simply had the ambition to break out of Q1 and we dreamed of scoring points. Seeing where we stand today is therefore extremely rewarding and motivates us all to continue working just as hard for the next 100 races," he added.
Paul said the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve suits their style of racing and the car, so they are hopeful of a good result.
"It`s traditionally a track that has suited us, so we go there confident that we can fight towards the front once again. 100 races is a significant achievement and it`s great to see how much the team has grown during that time. It`s a credit to the commitment of the shareholders and hopefully we can give them something to smile about come Sunday evening."
Sutil does not have good memories here so he is keeping his fingers crossed.
"It`s definitely one my favourite races on the calendar because it`s a great city. It`s also an interesting and unusual track, and it can be a long race with different scenarios and strategy options. I like the circuit, but for some reason I`ve never had good results there. Hopefully we can change that this year," the German said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends