We`re content with season so far: Force India drivers
New Delhi: Sahara Force India might have narrowly missed out on a podium finish in last weekend`s Bahrain GP, but its drivers Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil feel the Silverstone-based outfit should be content with what it has achieved so far this season as the car requires some updates.
Force India`s British driver Di Resta finished fourth to bring home Sahara Force India`s best result of the season at last weekend`s Bahrain Grand Prix in Sakhir.
Di Resta, who started the race fifth, looked on course for his first podium finish in his 43-race Formula One career before ending 2.2 seconds behind third-place finisher Romain Grosjean of Lotus.
"I am very happy with our results so far. It has been a positive start for us. We are presently in a strong position. We are just ahead of McLaren in the constructors Championship. So we need to take as much advantage of the lead as we can because it is only going to be difficult from here on," Di Resta told a select group of reporters via teleconference from Bangalore.
"I am happy to consistently score points for the team. But hopefully we will soon step on the podium. We have a fast car this year but we need to work on it a little bit more. But as a team we should be content with what we have achieved so far in the season," he added.
Di Resta equalled his best ever career finish in Bahrain. The last time he finished fourth was at the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix.
"The Bahrain race was very similar to last year`s Singapore. In both the races, I obviously was in podium position. The only difference was that Bahrain was trouble-free," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre