We should be competitive in Germany: Di Resta
Nurburg (Germany): Force India driver Paul di Resta said Thursday that they should be competitive at the upcoming German Grand Prix this weekend.
Formula 1 will race will host its ninth round at the Nurburgring and the British driver believes that the team will be in good shape for the race.
“It’s a very different track and not so demanding on the tyres compared to Silverstone. We should be competitive and if we can maximise all three days we will be in good shape. I’ve raced here only once in Formula 1 a couple of years ago and I got hit going into the first corner so it would be good to put things right this weekend,” said di Resta.
“I know the place well from my DTM days, although we always used to race on the shorter version. The weather is always a factor there because of the location and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some rain at some point. The track is a mix of everything but it’s important to have good mechanical grip to perform well in the slower sections at the start and end of the lap.”
The 27-year-old Scot lies eighth in the drivers’ standings on 36 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!