We should be competitive in Germany: Di Resta
Nurburg (Germany): Force India driver Paul di Resta said Thursday that they should be competitive at the upcoming German Grand Prix this weekend.
Formula 1 will race will host its ninth round at the Nurburgring and the British driver believes that the team will be in good shape for the race.
“It’s a very different track and not so demanding on the tyres compared to Silverstone. We should be competitive and if we can maximise all three days we will be in good shape. I’ve raced here only once in Formula 1 a couple of years ago and I got hit going into the first corner so it would be good to put things right this weekend,” said di Resta.
“I know the place well from my DTM days, although we always used to race on the shorter version. The weather is always a factor there because of the location and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some rain at some point. The track is a mix of everything but it’s important to have good mechanical grip to perform well in the slower sections at the start and end of the lap.”
The 27-year-old Scot lies eighth in the drivers’ standings on 36 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam