Webber, Button slam ‘nutcase’ Grosjean after ninth crash in 14 GP races
London: McLaren and Red Bull drivers Jensen Button and Mark Webber have slammed Romain Grosjean after the Frenchman crashed into the Australian ace during the Japanese Grand Prix, which made it his ninth crash in fourteen Grand Prix races.
Webber branded Grosjean as a first-lap nutcase, while Button urged the Lotus driver to sort out his s***.
The first-corner collision on the opening lap overshadowed Sebastian Vettel bagging a routine win for Red Bull, taking him to just four points behind Fernando Alonso, plus podiums for Ferrari’s Felipe Massa and local hero Kamui Kobayashi.
“Is it Formula One’s responsibility to do something about it? Or should he just take a good look at himself and sort his s**t out, because that’s what he needs to do. He’s quick and very talented in terms of speed and results. But you can’t keep on doing that,” the Sun quoted Button, as saying.
“We saw it a lot in GP2 with him. He was so fast, annihilating the field and leading the championship by a mile, but still kept crashing. He’d either win or crash and it seems he has the same philosophy in F1. He needs to change his views,” he added.
Meanwhile, a furious Webber said: “It was the first-lap nutcase again, Grosjean.”
“The rest of us are trying to fight for some decent results each weekend but he is trying to get to the third corner as fast as he can at every race. Maybe he needs another holiday? How many mistakes can you make and how many times can you make the same error? It’s embarrassing for him,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far