Webber to `quit Formula One by end of 2013`
Sydney: Australian F1 driver Mark Webber is expected to quit F1 at the end of the season.
Webber has reportedly signed a new five-year contract to lead Porsche in their return to famous 24 hour endurance race Le Mans.
Overnight Radio Le Mans announced that Webber had signed the deal, meaning he would join Porsche in their assault on the World Endurance Championship.
According to reports Webber is expected to quit when his contract with Red Bull expires.
German publication Bild reported that the Webber was is in talks with Porsche in the wake of Sebastian Vettel`s ignorance of team orders by denying Webber victory at Sepang, the report said.
Webber was quick to deny any rumours before the start of this year`s F1 season, but is yet to make comment on the latest announcement, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!