Webber walks out of press conference
Greater Noida: Red Bull driver Mark Webber abruptly walked out of the driver’s press conference at the Formula One Indian Grand Prix here on Sunday.
The Australian, who finished third, left the room while a question was asked to winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Fernando Alonso.
When a scribe asked, What is the one thing you would like to give each other? Even before Vettel and Alonso could answer, Webber was away in a flash.
Matteo Bonciani, F1 head of communications and media delegate said that Webber later apologised for his action.
It was the first time something like this happened in my charge. As an after-thought, Webber wrote me a mail and then came to my room to apologise. He said it is something he should not have done. Maybe he did that as he didn’t like the questions asked in the room. It was nice he realised his mistake and the matter was over, he said.
Webber was later spotted in the media centre at the Buddh International Circuit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference