Webber walks out of press conference
Greater Noida: Red Bull driver Mark Webber abruptly walked out of the driver’s press conference at the Formula One Indian Grand Prix here on Sunday.
The Australian, who finished third, left the room while a question was asked to winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Fernando Alonso.
When a scribe asked, What is the one thing you would like to give each other? Even before Vettel and Alonso could answer, Webber was away in a flash.
Matteo Bonciani, F1 head of communications and media delegate said that Webber later apologised for his action.
It was the first time something like this happened in my charge. As an after-thought, Webber wrote me a mail and then came to my room to apologise. He said it is something he should not have done. Maybe he did that as he didn’t like the questions asked in the room. It was nice he realised his mistake and the matter was over, he said.
Webber was later spotted in the media centre at the Buddh International Circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof