Webber walks out of press conference
Greater Noida: Red Bull driver Mark Webber abruptly walked out of the driver’s press conference at the Formula One Indian Grand Prix here on Sunday.
The Australian, who finished third, left the room while a question was asked to winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Fernando Alonso.
When a scribe asked, What is the one thing you would like to give each other? Even before Vettel and Alonso could answer, Webber was away in a flash.
Matteo Bonciani, F1 head of communications and media delegate said that Webber later apologised for his action.
It was the first time something like this happened in my charge. As an after-thought, Webber wrote me a mail and then came to my room to apologise. He said it is something he should not have done. Maybe he did that as he didn’t like the questions asked in the room. It was nice he realised his mistake and the matter was over, he said.
Webber was later spotted in the media centre at the Buddh International Circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?