Webber’s future to be decided next month
London: Red Bull boss Christian Horner has said that Australian Formula One racing driver Mark Webber will know next month whether he will re-sign with the team for the 2012 season.
“Webber and the team hierarchy would meet in late August and make a decision together,” a daily quoted Horner, as saying.
Webber has said that he is confident of remaining at Red Bull next year and has been publicly supported by the team owner, Dietrich Mateschitz.
Horner, however, accused Webber of acting selfishly by trying to overtake championship leader Sebastian Vettel during the British Grand Prix despite the team order given to him.
“He risked the second place of Sebastian, his third place and 33 points for the team. I understand that he’s racing, but he also absolutely unnecessarily risked a crash,” the team boss said.
“If all 500 people in the team thought only of themselves, we could never achieve our goals,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees