Whitmarsh admits ‘team errors’ scuppered Hamilton’s title hopes
London: McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh for the first time has admitted to ‘team errors’ for ruining Lewis Hamilton`s world title hopes.
Whitmarsh revealed the USA Grand Prix winner should be taking part in Sunday’s two-way title decider between Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso in Brazil and their car reliability problems are to blame.
“He should have been a contender but I haven`t spent that much time dwelling on it. We have underperformed. We haven`t done a good enough job in a number of different ways but we`ve had a quick car and that is an achievement,” a daily quoted Whitmarsh, as saying.
“We have done some good things but we haven`t nailed it in the way I would have liked,” he added.
Although Red Bull wrapped up the constructors world championship for a third time last weekend, McLaren face a 9 million pound showdown at Interlagos for runners-up spot.
“We had a lot potential this year and we haven`t really got what we should have got from the potential we had in the team. We will learn from that, and come out stronger next year, but at the moment we are focused in a few days`` time on the next race in Brazil and trying to win it,” Whitmarsh said.
"We have to get better at everything we do and that is what we will aim to do over the winter and aim to see if we can have an epic season next year. We have to get better, we have to get stronger, and we have to make fewer mistakes,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged