Whitmarsh admits ‘team errors’ scuppered Hamilton’s title hopes
London: McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh for the first time has admitted to ‘team errors’ for ruining Lewis Hamilton`s world title hopes.
Whitmarsh revealed the USA Grand Prix winner should be taking part in Sunday’s two-way title decider between Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso in Brazil and their car reliability problems are to blame.
“He should have been a contender but I haven`t spent that much time dwelling on it. We have underperformed. We haven`t done a good enough job in a number of different ways but we`ve had a quick car and that is an achievement,” a daily quoted Whitmarsh, as saying.
“We have done some good things but we haven`t nailed it in the way I would have liked,” he added.
Although Red Bull wrapped up the constructors world championship for a third time last weekend, McLaren face a 9 million pound showdown at Interlagos for runners-up spot.
“We had a lot potential this year and we haven`t really got what we should have got from the potential we had in the team. We will learn from that, and come out stronger next year, but at the moment we are focused in a few days`` time on the next race in Brazil and trying to win it,” Whitmarsh said.
"We have to get better at everything we do and that is what we will aim to do over the winter and aim to see if we can have an epic season next year. We have to get better, we have to get stronger, and we have to make fewer mistakes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!