Whitmarsh admits ‘team errors’ scuppered Hamilton’s title hopes
London: McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh for the first time has admitted to ‘team errors’ for ruining Lewis Hamilton`s world title hopes.
Whitmarsh revealed the USA Grand Prix winner should be taking part in Sunday’s two-way title decider between Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso in Brazil and their car reliability problems are to blame.
“He should have been a contender but I haven`t spent that much time dwelling on it. We have underperformed. We haven`t done a good enough job in a number of different ways but we`ve had a quick car and that is an achievement,” a daily quoted Whitmarsh, as saying.
“We have done some good things but we haven`t nailed it in the way I would have liked,” he added.
Although Red Bull wrapped up the constructors world championship for a third time last weekend, McLaren face a 9 million pound showdown at Interlagos for runners-up spot.
“We had a lot potential this year and we haven`t really got what we should have got from the potential we had in the team. We will learn from that, and come out stronger next year, but at the moment we are focused in a few days`` time on the next race in Brazil and trying to win it,” Whitmarsh said.
"We have to get better at everything we do and that is what we will aim to do over the winter and aim to see if we can have an epic season next year. We have to get better, we have to get stronger, and we have to make fewer mistakes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing