Whitmarsh reckons Hamilton already regretting move to Mercedes
London: McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh believes Lewis Hamilton is already regretting his move to Mercedes.
Whitmarsh said he did "not fully understand" the reasons behind Hamilton`s decision to join a less competitive team, and felt the Brit’s decision was motivated by a desire to "flee the nest".
"I think he has on occasions (regretted it)," Whitmarsh said in an interview.
“If I were speculating there are a number of factors, and the prime one, I think, is that there comes a time when a man feels he has to flee the nest. I think it was a bit of that and a range of different emotions. He has been with us for so many years that I do not fully understand it,” he added.
According to the report, he also believes that a bigger remuneration offered by Mercedes probably motivated Hamilton to join the team.
“We made Lewis an offer - an offer, which I believe is more money than any other driver at the moment is being paid,” Whitmarsh said.
“That leads us to suspect that our competitor and our partner Mercedes-Benz offered a bit more money. I don`t know that, but I think for Lewis made his decision,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown