Will only drive for McLaren in 2016: Jenson Button
Formula 1 driver Jenson Button has said that he will quit the sport if he does not stay with McLaren-Honda in 2016.
Singapore: Formula 1 driver Jenson Button has said that he will quit the sport if he does not stay with McLaren-Honda in 2016.
McLaren are yet to decide whether to retain the 35-year-old next season as he gets ready for this weekend's Singapore Grand Prix.
Button said on the eve of the Singapore GP practice that he was not interested in moving to another team.
"If I'm in F1, it will be with this team. I have had some tough times here but I have a lot of respect for them and for Honda. This is the team for the future," Button was quoted as saying by BB on Thursday.
McLaren have been uncompetitive this year, largely because of the lack of performance of the Honda engine on the Japanese company's return to the sport after a six-year absence.
Speaking on the season so far, Button said, "It's been a very tough season mentally for the whole team.
The driver from Great Britain hope that there is a decision on his future "in a couple of weeks".
"For everyone it's been a really tough season. But everyone's stayed positive and got their heads down. We're all focusing on improving," Button said.