Will Stevens joins Caterham Racing Academy
London:British driver Will Stevens is the latest name to be added to the Caterham Racing Academy roster, the driver development programme designed to create a clear route to Formula 1.
Stevens, currently in fourth place overall in the 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series, began his career in karts aged 11. By 2008, he was widely recognised as one of the top karters in the world, having secured European and Asia-Pacific titles with the factory Tony Kart team.
In 2009, he made the move to cars in Formula Renault 2.0 and spent three seasons in that category, notching up race wins in the UK series and the Eurocup series, finishing fourth overall in Eurocup 2011.
Stevens moved up to the top step of World Series by Renault in 2012, competing in Formula Renault 3.5 that year and then again in 2013. Last season, he scored 10 race results in the top 10, including a podium in Hungary and he is building on that in 2013, including a podium at the last round in Moscow.
“I’m very pleased to be joining Caterham Racing Academy. It’s a great program and one I’m sure will help me continue to develop, particularly with the access I’ll now have to the F1 team and all the facilities at Leafield. It’ll be an honour to race as part of the Academy and I’m excited about starting the program as soon as possible,” said Stevens in a Caterham statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'