Williams` Maldonado gets 10-place grid penalty for Abu Dhabi
Paris: The struggling Williams` Formula One team suffered a setback Tuesday when its driver Pastor Maldonado was given a 10-place grid penalty for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from Nov 11 to 13.
The rule only allows a driver to use eight engines in a season and if an extra one is used, a grid penalty will be imposed.
Maldonado will lose ten places from his qualifying performance at the Yas Marina Circuit following a gear box failure in his Williams` during the Indian Grand Prix Sunday, leading to his early retirement from the inaugural race.
Williams` have so far scored only five points in 17 races with their last one coming in the Belgian Grand Prix in August.
The team`s other driver is Rubens Barichello.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list