Williams` Maldonado gets 10-place grid penalty for Abu Dhabi
Paris: The struggling Williams` Formula One team suffered a setback Tuesday when its driver Pastor Maldonado was given a 10-place grid penalty for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from Nov 11 to 13.
The rule only allows a driver to use eight engines in a season and if an extra one is used, a grid penalty will be imposed.
Maldonado will lose ten places from his qualifying performance at the Yas Marina Circuit following a gear box failure in his Williams` during the Indian Grand Prix Sunday, leading to his early retirement from the inaugural race.
Williams` have so far scored only five points in 17 races with their last one coming in the Belgian Grand Prix in August.
The team`s other driver is Rubens Barichello.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand