Williams to commemorate Senna`s 20th death anniversary
London: Williams Formula 1 team will commemorate Ayrton Senna`s 20th death anniversary by putting a Senna logo on its car during the 2014 season.
Since the tragic death of the legendary Brazilian driver at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, Williams have placed the iconic Senna double S logo on its car as a mark of respect.
"Traditionally placed on the front wing struts of each Williams car, the new logo will be placed on the left hand side of the FW36`s nose cone and feature a picture of Ayrton alongside the words "Ayrton Senna Always". Designed by the Ayrton Senna Foundation, the logo will be present at a number of events organised by the Foundation this year to honour the life, legacy and values of the three-time Formula One World Champion," said a team statement.
Speaking about the updated logo, team founder Frank Williams said: "I was very close to Ayrton and the iconic double S logo has been a mainstay on our cars since his death 20 years ago. This new logo is our way of celebrating his achievements as a racing driver, and also the sterling work of his Foundation which is doing so much to promote educational opportunities in Brazil."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt