Winners close gap on points leaders
Coimbatore: Gaining top three spots on pole
proved vital in the second round with podium finishes for the
winners to close the gap on the points table in the first race
of the 14th JK Tyre National Road Racing Championship at Kari
Motor Speedway on Saturday.
With the track and nearby areas facing intermittent rain
since morning, last month`s first round winners Deepak Ravi
Kumar (Formula Swift) and veteran Radha Selvarajan (Super
Saloon) failed to grab top three pole spots. This affected the
two, who excelled with double header wins last month.
They finished runners-up in the respective races as both
were in their elements and gradually overtook others to forge
ahead, closing to the 10 lap races.
Top honours in Super Saloon was grabbed by 68-year-old D
Vidya Prakash of Prime Racing, while Radha Selvarajan came
second and pole sitter V Rajvirudhan third.
Vidya Prakash, second on pole and behind pole sitter
Rajvirudhan forged ahead after the first corner and never
looked back. Behind him there was stiff fight between
Rajvirudhan and C Rajaram (both Prime Racing) and Selvarajan.
Though Rajaram drove at a steady pace, Radha Selvarajan
(Rad Racing) never let up and grabbed the first chance to pass
him mid way and then progressed to be behind the leader.
Earlier, in the Formula Swift event, favourite Deepak
Ravi Kumar had to start from eighth having spoiled his chances
of coming on pole in the qualifying.
Mar`s Racing`s Mumbai driver Ameya Walavalkar on pole had
a dream start and kept up a hot pace to win the race well
ahead of others. Chennai lad Deepak, also of Mar`s Racing
replicated his first round performance but had to be satisfied
with a second spot. Wallace Sports` Gautham Parekh finished
In qualifying for Polo Cup two races tomorrow, Mumbai`s
Rahil Noorani grabbed pole followed by Ajay Kini (Chennai) and
Oshan Kothadiya of Pune.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement