Winning title still possible this season: Lewis Hamilton
London: McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has said that he can still win the championship title despite being 88 points behind leader and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel.
“I am 88 points behind, but it is not an impossible task. It’s a shame we didn’t have another race straight away, but there’s nothing we could do about that. There are 200 points up for grabs and I will enter all the races believing I can win them,” a leading daily quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“It is going to be an exciting run-down to the last race in Brazil and I can’t wait for the next round in Belgium. Our car’s pace is there right now as we have shown with our wins, mine in Germany with the fastest lap and Jenson’s in Hungary.”
“The car’s on song because of our excellent qualifying pace at both,” he added.
Vettel has 234 points from 11 of 19 races, while his Red Bull teammate Mark Webber has 149, Hamilton 146, Alonso 145 and Button 134.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?