Winning title still possible this season: Lewis Hamilton
London: McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has said that he can still win the championship title despite being 88 points behind leader and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel.
“I am 88 points behind, but it is not an impossible task. It’s a shame we didn’t have another race straight away, but there’s nothing we could do about that. There are 200 points up for grabs and I will enter all the races believing I can win them,” a leading daily quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“It is going to be an exciting run-down to the last race in Brazil and I can’t wait for the next round in Belgium. Our car’s pace is there right now as we have shown with our wins, mine in Germany with the fastest lap and Jenson’s in Hungary.”
“The car’s on song because of our excellent qualifying pace at both,” he added.
Vettel has 234 points from 11 of 19 races, while his Red Bull teammate Mark Webber has 149, Hamilton 146, Alonso 145 and Button 134.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'