Winning title still possible this season: Lewis Hamilton
London: McLaren Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton has said that he can still win the championship title despite being 88 points behind leader and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel.
“I am 88 points behind, but it is not an impossible task. It’s a shame we didn’t have another race straight away, but there’s nothing we could do about that. There are 200 points up for grabs and I will enter all the races believing I can win them,” a leading daily quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“It is going to be an exciting run-down to the last race in Brazil and I can’t wait for the next round in Belgium. Our car’s pace is there right now as we have shown with our wins, mine in Germany with the fastest lap and Jenson’s in Hungary.”
“The car’s on song because of our excellent qualifying pace at both,” he added.
Vettel has 234 points from 11 of 19 races, while his Red Bull teammate Mark Webber has 149, Hamilton 146, Alonso 145 and Button 134.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda