Wolff hoping to become first F1 driver since `70s with full test at Silverstone
Washington: Susie Wolff became the first female to take part in a meaningful run in an F1 car in more than 20 years, and was reportedly three seconds off the pace of Sebastian Vettel`s leading lap time for Red Bull.
According to CNN, 30-year-old Wolff said that she would keep fighting to win a place on the Formula One grid but will not rely on her sexuality to get there, as the female driver took spent a full day testing a Williams F1 car at Silverstone.
Wolff said that it was important to show that she had the performance factor and was extremely pleased, adding that she would not ask for a seat because she was a girl and was fast enough, but would keep fighting hard.
The driver started karting at the age of eight and completed 89 laps of the challenging British Grand Prix circuit, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why