Naman Ojha scores double century, Services earn 3 points against Madhya Pradesh
New Delhi: Naman Ojha scored his second double-hundred but Services walked away with three points after drawing their Ranji Trophy Group B match against Madhya Pradesh, here today.
Resuming at their overnight score of 127 for three, Madhyra Pradesh batted the entire day in their second innings to finish at 385 for seven at Palam A Ground, Model Sports Complex.
Services earned three points on first-innings lead and are placed third from bottom in their group while the visitors took one to be placed fourth.
Starting the day, Ojha and Devendra Bundela added another 83 runs to stretch their fourth-wicket partnership to 109 before the latter was run-out for 40.
Udit Birla did not last long as he was caught off by Rahul Kanojia for 8.
At 227 for five, Ojha had two fruitful partnerships with Rameez Khan (21) and Jatin Saxena (19 not out). He first added 85 with Khan for the sixth wicket and 72 with Saxena for the seventh wicket.
Khan was dismissed by Kanojia while Ojha brought up his double-hundred and finally fell for 211, during which he faced 345 deliveries and hit 21 fours and 5 sixes.
For Services, Koteshwar Rao picked up three wickets for 82 runs while Kanojia chipped in with two wickets.
Brief Scores: Madhya Pradesh 239 and 385 for 7 in 128 overs (Naman Ojha 211, Koteshwar Rao 3/82) drew with Services 391 (Yashpal Singh 142, Rajat Paliwal 99; Jatin Saxena 4/47, Jalaj Saxena 4/83).
Points: Services 3, Madhya Pradesh 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa