`101 athletes flunked dope test till July 2010`
New Delhi: The number of sportspersons who flunked dope test in the first seven months this year stood at a whopping 101, the highest in the last four years.
The Sport Ministry today came out with a report on the number of sportspersons, including powerlifters and bodybuilders, who failed dope test in the last four years.
According to the report, the number of sportspersons who flunked dope tests increased from 44 in 2007 to 69 and 76 in 2008 and 2009 respectively while the number this year till July stood at 101.
Concerned at the report, the Ministry said that the respective federations should take action against the dope cheats taking into consideration the WADA Code.
"The federation concerned with the discipline of such sportsperson is required to take appropriate action as per norms fixed by its international federations and WADA Code," Minister of State for Sports Pratik Prakashbapu Patil said in in a written reply at the Lok Sabha today.
The Ministry also gave details of the grants sanctioned to various national federations over the last three years as a part of its assistance for the Commonwealth Games.
Patil said federations not submitting their grant utilisation certificates will not be given further funds.
"The Minister further said that NSFs that are not upto date in submission of utilisation certificates are not given further grant," Patil said.
"At present, three NSFs viz. All India Tennis Association, Billiards & Snookers and Badminton Association of India are not upto date in submitting the utilization certificates of the grants released to them.
"Besides, NSFs receiving annual grant of Rs. 1.00 crore or more are subject to audit by Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG). Further, all NSFs receiving annual grant of Rs 10 lakh and above have been declared as Public Authority under the Right to Information Act," the ministry said in the release," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'