`Black woman` judge to preside over Pistorius trial in March
Johannesburg: A woman judge has reportedly been appointed to hear the case of Paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius, who has been charged with the murder of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, which re-opens in early March.
Pistorius is set to go on trial on March 3 this year for the 2013 Valentine`s Day murder of Steenkamp and will also answer charges for discharging a firearm on two separate occasions before the model`s death.
According to a channel, a judiciary spokesperson said that High Court judge Thokozile Matilda Masipa, who was only the second black woman to be admitted to the bench during the apartheid era, would preside at the trial.
The report mentioned that the double-amputee `Blade Runner` shocked the world when he admitted shooting Steenkamp, although he denied murder and said that he shot her through a locked bathroom door in his upmarket Pretoria home because he thought she was an intruder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali