`Doping accused` A-Rod officially files appeal against 211-game suspension
New York: Doping accused American baseball star Alex Rodriguez has reportedly filed a grievance through the Players Association (PA) on Wednesday, as a part of his appeal against the 211-game suspension.
According to the New York Post, PA and Major League Baseball officials will hold a meeting to discuss a mutually convenient date for the appeal hearing for the New York Yankees player.
The report further said that however, the entire process is not expected to wrap up until the off-season, allowing Rodriguez, nicknamed as A-Rod, to finish the 2013 season with the Yankees.
Rodriguez reportedly rejoined the team on Monday after missing the first 110 games of the season following his stint in rehabilitation to recover from a hip injury and more recently a quad strain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!