`No CWG 2010 like confusion for Portuguese Commonwealth Games in Goa`
Panaji: There will be no Commonwealth Games (CWG) like ‘confusion’ in raising infrastructure for the Portuguese Commonwealth Games scheduled to start in Goa in November this year, Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar said on Thursday.
Tawadkar was responding to a question posed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Michael Lobo, who asked during Question Hour whether the CWG fiasco in Delhi in 2010 would be repeated in Goa because the state is already lagging behind.
"There is no question of repeating what happened in New Delhi. We are on track. In fact, we are one week ahead of the completion schedule," Tawadkar said.
The Lusofonia Games, a Portuguese equivalent of the British Commonwealth Games, will cost the state exchequer approximately Rs.240 crore in form of raising infrastructure and organizational expenses.
Among the countries participating in the 2013 Lusofonia Games in Goa are Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Macau (China), Mozambique, Portugal and Sao Tome and Principe. Equatorial Guinea, India and Sri Lanka are associate members of the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks