`No CWG 2010 like confusion for Portuguese Commonwealth Games in Goa`
Panaji: There will be no Commonwealth Games (CWG) like ‘confusion’ in raising infrastructure for the Portuguese Commonwealth Games scheduled to start in Goa in November this year, Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar said on Thursday.
Tawadkar was responding to a question posed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Michael Lobo, who asked during Question Hour whether the CWG fiasco in Delhi in 2010 would be repeated in Goa because the state is already lagging behind.
"There is no question of repeating what happened in New Delhi. We are on track. In fact, we are one week ahead of the completion schedule," Tawadkar said.
The Lusofonia Games, a Portuguese equivalent of the British Commonwealth Games, will cost the state exchequer approximately Rs.240 crore in form of raising infrastructure and organizational expenses.
Among the countries participating in the 2013 Lusofonia Games in Goa are Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Macau (China), Mozambique, Portugal and Sao Tome and Principe. Equatorial Guinea, India and Sri Lanka are associate members of the Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?