`No problem` with Contador racing in France
Geneva: IOC President Jacques Rogge says Alberto Contador should be allowed to race in the Tour de France, although the result will be questioned until the Court of Arbitration for Sport rules on his doping case.
Rogge sees "no problem" with Contador starting the July 2-24 event because the World Anti-Doping Agency and International Cycling Union agreed to his lawyers request to delay the hearing.
CAS rescheduled the case for Aug. 1-3 after initially planning a verdict in June.
Rogge acknowledges the timing leaves "a question mark on the validity" of the Tour result, but Contador should be presumed innocent.
WADA and the UCI appealed to CAS after a Spanish tribunal agreed with Contador that he inadvertently consumed clenbuterol while winning last year`s race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...